Mixed Company Theatre has been producing innovative, socially-relevant theatre as a tool for positive change since 1983. Founded as an artist-run collective, today this nationally recognized not-for-profit is known for their commitment to inspiring communities across Canada to create social change through the theatrical practice of Forum Theatre.
A UNESCO recognized educational tool for implementing social change, Forum Theatre is a community-focused, facilitated style of theatre designed to address social issues and inspire action for change. In Forum Theatre productions, professional artists and community members together create a universal story depicting a social issue of concern to the participating community. The community audience is then invited onto the stage to enact “an intervention” where they can either replace a character or suggest a change to the story for the better. Forum Theatre give communities the agency to develop their own grassroots solutions and the ability to envision the positive outcomes of creating social change.
Job Title: Artistic Program Administration – Summer Intern
Reports to: General Manager
Hours/Rate: $16/hour and 30 hours / week + applicable employment benefits
Application Deadline: May 28, 2019
Job Period: June 2019 to August 2019 (8 weeks)
Notes: Possibility of Contract Extension
MCT is seeking an Artistic Program Administration – Summer Intern to support our Administrative Programming including Program Management, Coordination, and Fund/Grant Development. Reporting to the General Manager and coordination with MCT’s Artistic Director, the Artistic Program Administration – Summer Intern will assist and support MCT’s General Manager in the day-to-day operations of the company to help ensure that our various community-engaged arts projects and programs are delivered according to plan. This role will be supported by the Canada Summer Jobs funding program.
- Graduate Degree in Arts Administration, Theatre, or related field
- Experience in the theatre and/or performing arts sector
Skill Set and Knowledge/Other Requirements
- Age below 30 (as required by Canada Summer Jobs)
- Keen interest in Artistic Project Coordination and Administration
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Excellent Communication Skills (Written and Verbal)
- Exceptional Relationship Management skills
- Proficient in the MS Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of the Google product suite
- Working knowledge of social media, Internet research techniques
- Experience working with Databases
- Attend and report program design and planning meetings
- Support planning, coordination, and delivery of all workshops, performances, rehearsals
- Support the creation of Project Proposal documents for MCT’s artistic endeavours
- Liaison with community partners to ensure efficient and timely project delivery
- Support expense tracking for projects to ensure MCT can provide accurate compensation to artists
- Report any artistic/facilitation/project design matters to Artistic Director
- Report any questions/matters to do with logistics, project expenses and budget to General Manager
Fund / Grant Development:
- Develop and execute grant proposals to support organization’s annual artistic programming and strategy
- Develop and maintain database of community partners, sponsors and supporters
- Prepare grant applications and reports to funding bodies
- Coordinate ongoing donor campaigns
- Prepare and issue reports, permits, and tax receipts to all funding bodies as outlined under funding agreements.
Other Administrative Tasks:
- Prepare contracts for partners, artists, and other project contracts
- Support monitoring and tracking of Company projects
- Assist the General Manager in maintenance of Company computers, phones, printers and associated vendor and supplier relationships and contracts.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to:
DEADLINE TO APPLY: May 28, 2019
Thank you to all those who apply. Only those applicants to be interviewed will be contacted.