OAC Creators’ Reserve
Mixed Company Theatre was chosen as a recommender for the OAC’s Theatre Creators’ Reserve program. Through OAC funding, MCT will recommend Ontario-based professional theatre creators, and informal collective groups to receive funding for a theatrical project.
Applications are open for the 2016/2017 OAC Theatre Creators’ Reserve.
What is OAC Creators’ Reserve?
The OAC Theatre Creators’ Reserve program assists Ontario-based professional theatre creators and informal collectives of individual creators by funding them in the creation of new work. Submissions to the program are assessed by theatre companies that act as third-party recommenders for the Ontario Arts Council. Recommenders receive applications directly from creators and forward grant recommendations to the OAC, while the final decisions and distributions of grant funds are made by the OAC Theatre Office.
Who is chosen?
A jury at Mixed Company Theatre, made up of the Artistic team and invited members of the artistic community, will evaluate the proposals submitted. Funding amounts will be determined based on the number of applications received, and which applications fall within our mandate and meet our artistic and development standards.
How to Submit
Please send submissions by mail to:
Mixed Company Theatre
157 Carlton Street, Suite 206
We also accept submissions by email, email@example.com.
Mixed Company Theatre will be seeking submissions that:
- Reflect our mandate and artistic practice (ie. educate, engage and empower.)
- Show a strong commitment to using theatre as a vehicle for social change.
Submissions should Include
- Three completed and signed copies of the application form. The form can be obtained at theOAC website (Please read the OAC Theatre Creators’ Reserve Program guidelines before filling out the form).
– Either print the form or complete it by hand, or complete it on-line and then print it out. To complete it on screen, simply move your cursor to entry spots, or tab from one entry spot to the next.
– Print clearly. Incomplete or illegible applications will not be accepted.
– Send 3 signed copies of this application to the theatre-recommender. The form can be obtained at the OAC website. The theatre will not consider the application unless there are 3 copies.
– The theatre will complete and sign all copies and return one to you – if you have included a self-addressed, stamped envelope, keep one and send one to the OAC.
- Project proposal, including project objectives and vision, and why the project is important to the theatre community at large.
- Project timeline.
- Project budget. Please clearly outline your expenses and how you plan to allocate the funds you may receive.
- Resumes of all parties involved in producing the project.
- Support Material: either of the project in progress or past work – this can include writing samples, photo documentation, and video or sound recordings (please send us a link to the file 5 mins max, writing sample 10 pages max).
Deadline to submit December 15, 2016.
Chosen applicants will be notified by January 12, 2016.