For over 25 years Mixed Company Theatre works towards engaging, educating and empowering people in communities by utilizing theatre as a tool for positive social change. This work is made possible by the generous support of YOU the community.
Mixed Company Theatre has received many awards, most recently the Mayor’s Community Safety Award from the City of Toronto for its work in helping to make communities in Ontario a safer place to live in. In the coming year, we hope to branch out and further spread our heartfelt message of hope to more audiences in creating positive solutions to real and often complex problems in their everyday lives. We’re asking you to take a stand for positive change by making a donation to this worthwhile charity. Your donation will directly affect the people; the young child that is being bullied at school, the homeless person needing to be heard, and the employee that wants to make the right choices for his family. Together, we can make real-time strategies for dealing with these social and personal issues.
Make a Donation
To continue to ensure the high quality of work we are known for, Mixed Company Theatre actively seeks donations from foundations, businesses and individuals.
Your money will go toward one or all of the following:
- Development of new shows for the education sector to continually challenge students on contemporary issues such as drinking and driving, STI/HIV prevention, and bullying.
- Sponsorship of a school play in a priority neighbourhood.
- Scholarships for arts training and development for youth who may not be able to afford the programs we offer.
- Our work with the homeless through our Community Initiative projects.
For any donation over $30 you will receive a charitable donation tax receipt, recognition on our website and seasonal newsletter, as well as advance notice of special events.
There are many ways to support Mixed Company Theatre:
- To donate by phone, please contact our Artistic Director, Simon Malbogat, at 416-515-8080.
- To donate online, please do so through CanadaHelps.org and visit our profile here to make a secure online donation.
- To donate by mail, please make your cheque payable to Mixed Company Theatre, and send it to:
Mixed Company Theatre
157 Carlton Street
Toronto, ON M5A 2K3
In-kind donations: Not all the support at Mixed Company Theatre is financial. We receive countless business and individual in-kind donations; from silent auction prizes, catering staff and services, to rentals and production equipment. This does not even include the hundreds of artists, volunteers and performers who have donated their time and craft to Mixed Company Theatre’s worthwhile cause. To make an in-kind donation please contact Simon Malbogat, at 416-515-8080 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are interested in volunteering, please visit our Volunteers page.
Our not-for-profit charitable number is 11903 1870 RR0001.