Volunteer with MCT!
Mixed Company Theatre is looking for artistic and administrative volunteers for the 2016 season! This year, we will premiere a touring production about anxiety and social media called Half Full, continue development of our Inter-Gen program, offer community workshops, and more! Volunteering is a great opportunity to network with artists, learn new skills, engage with communities, and earn service hours. We offer mentorship in both creative and general office duties, and most hours are flexible. Positions and responsibilities are not limited to those listed below, and multiple volunteers can fill any given role.
Building on 32 years of educating, engaging, and empowering audiences and communities, MCT is looking for more opportunities to expand our work. As a volunteer, your knowledge and expertise will make a dramatic impact in helping MCT position itself for the future.
Arts Administration & Assistant Operations Management
– Researching and updating MCT’s database
– Archiving & filing
– Assisting in accounts payable, facility management and MCT’s overall office administration
– Researching Partnership & Development initiatives
– Updating MCT’s statistical and financial information
Communications & Outreach Assistant
– Updating and creating content for website, newsletters, press releases, blogs and MCT’s social media outlets
– Updating contact spreadsheets for Outreach Coordinator (schools, school boards, upcoming conferences, corporate sponsorships, community resources, and media contacts)
-Assisting with outreach and booking upcoming productions
Assistant Project & Production Management
**These volunteer positions are time sensitive, they depend on the timing of the project development phases.
– Partnership development & outreach
– Design, production, stage management, and logistical assistance
– Shadowing artists & mentorships (call for more information)
– Evaluation Assistant: Capturing & Culminating evaluation outcomes
– Front of House
Artistic & Education Advisors
-Assisting in developing upcoming Educational, Artistic, & Community Development committees
– Sit on an Advisory Committees to share insight, network, and become involved in MCT’s theatre for social change programs.
Video Production and Editing Assistant
-Assist in setting up, filming, and editing an informational video series on MCT’s project creation process
-This role will be available through the completion of the Inter-Gen project, December 2016.
**Due to the production skills required for this position, please submit a resume or creative sample for review.
Graphic Design Consultant
-Create logos, flyers, and banners for MCT’s projects
-Format graphics for print, website, press releases, and social media
MCT’s Board of Directors
– MCT is seeking new board members who have backgrounds in Philanthropy, Arts, Education, & Community Development.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Suzanna Derewicz
firstname.lastname@example.org (416) 515-8080
Technicians & Designers
Mixed Company Theatre hires technicians and designers year-round on a show-to-show basis. Interested parties can forward resumes to email@example.com.
High School & Post-secondary students, Emerging Artists and others are placed from time to time in internships and job shadow opportunities. Each internship experience is individually designed to meet the educational goals of the candidate and the needs of Mixed Company Theatre. If interested, send your resume and a letter which describes in detail your goals, availability and if applicable school requirements to: Mixed Company Theatre, 206-157 Carlton Street, Toronto, ON M5A 2K3 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates will be contacted for a meeting.
- Board of Director Membership
- High School Co-operative Education Placements
- Artistic and Arts Administrative Internship programs
- Event and Fundraising Committee positions
- Program and Tour positions
- Communications and Social Media positions
- Day of Event Positions
- Advisory Committee Positions
(Examples include but are not limited to: Senior Programming, Youth At-Risk Programming, French Programming, Anti-Bullying Campaigns, Mental Health Programming, Professional Development Programming, Communications)